The Digital 4 All project aims:
- Implement the delivery of one student, one device policy across Colyton Grammar School (1000 students on roll in September 2020).
- Provide digital equality for all students.
- Every pupil, regardless of background, will be given the same opportunities to excel within a nurturing and fair environment.
- It will allow more efficient and effective independent learning, it will contribute to closing any gaps that are the consequence of disruption during the Covid 19 pandemic.
- You would be supporting a success story – the final school to be rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted before lockdown
We have been so pleased with the response so far from alumni, parents, trusts and staff for their support of the campaign. To date we have raised just over £40,000 of the £100,000 needed.
We wanted to share with you a comments donors so far:
Alumnus (OC2006) donor; 'I thought it was a sly trick including a filmed request from Mr Sindall in your request for support; when I was at school if something got to the point where Mr Sindall was telling you what to do - you had better do it!In all seriousness I was very pleased to be able to support the school, especially in such an important area. Living through a pandemic has shown us all the necessity of digital technology and I’m very pleased to be in a position thanks to CGS where I can make a small contribution towards the Digital 4 All campaign. '
Alumna (OC1998) donor; 'Having my own family, I have reflected on the importance of education. Students have so much to deal with this year it is important we support them too. Having my donation doubled made me feel that my contribution really would make a difference for the Digital 4 All campaign at Colyton Grammar School. '
Alumna (OC1996) donor; 'I gave to the Digital 4 All campaign because Colyton gave so much to me, in ways I didn't always appreciate at the time! Friends for life, encouragement to follow my ambitions, the confidence to challenge and ask questions (not that my teachers were always deleted by that). And of course, if Mr Sindall asks you to do something, you do it! All pupils deserve the best possible chance for success and growth, and making sure they all have access to digital platforms and devices is more crucial than ever. '
Staff donor; 'This looks great; I’ve just made a donation – I’m figuring it’s the bits of saved petrol money and school lunches – hoping that parents seeing staff members donate might encourage them'.
Parent donor; 'It seems to me to be a well thought out approach, I had not really considered any of the reasons you give. Once again, I am well impressed by the way in which CGS operates.'
If you'd like to support this project, we would be extremely grateful for your support through Virgin Money Giving.